Saturday, June 03, 2006

Unai Paarthadhaal - The Origin

DSC_0031 As I listen to this song today in Blogswara, I am simply astonished. From the original version that I sent to JO last year to what it is today, It's an awesome journey indeed. Never in my dreams did I think that it would finally end up the way it is today.

I don't distinctly remember how this song really came up. All I wanted to do, was to write / sing something that everyone experiences in life ie. LOVE.

As usual, I wrote/sang it and sent my composition to JO and asked his opinon. He said he liked it and sang it a few weeks later. You'll notice as you listen, he gave a lot of life to that song.
Very typical of JO.

Then came another wonderful musician AJIT GOPALAKRISHNAN. I had asked him if he could do the orchestration ( He was on his Summer vacation). Within a few weeks he came up with the orchestration and I loved it. As you listen to Ajit's version, you'll notice IR's impact on his music.

Finally for BLS-1, BARANI, ENCORE AND NANDU gave a new dimension to this song. As a composer and a writer I feel very honored by the final outcome.

So, here are the first 3 versions of this song. Pardon my voice as usual.



My Original Version



JO sings it and gives Life



Ajith adds IR's touches


5 comments:

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Hi Nandu,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Like I said..I never imagined the final outcome. As you can see, JO first moulded it so nicely to give it life.

Jo said...

It is really nice to see how a song is formed up. I am fortunate to be a part of this.

And Barani made this a super cool song with his wonderful rendition.

Murali Venkatraman said...

It is indeed nice to se the evolution of the song. Very nice guys ~!

ruby said...

More than any of the songs...I have always wondered about vazhvu selikka song,- why for a layman like me...who doesn't know anything about music[but loves music] likes it....love to its depth...

After reading your previous post...Now i recognise that it is from your heart and not from your pen...and the music acts as a life line for it...

Very impressive work...Hope this innovation continues...
And i really under stand the contribution of every individual...in the grand success of these yummy yummy songs...

Hats off to united ARR's...

S said...

i listened all three podcasts and i must say - i was completely bowled over!!!!!!! :)

kudos to you all!!!!! and jo is simply a delighful singer!!! :)