Friday, May 26, 2006

Vaazhvu Chezhikka Varam - The Origin

DSC_0031

Hi there,

I am 'Narayanan Venkitu' sharing my thoughts about my compositions.

This post is about the 'Origin' of the 'Vaazhvu Chezhikka Varam' song that I wrote and composed last year.

Wanted to share this with you.

It happened just like that, one evening when I was listening to a song 'Aalila Manjalil' from the Malayalam Movie 'Surya Gayathri'. I remember I was driving from Livermore to Fairfield, which is around 45 miles when I made this tune. I was impressed since this was my maiden attempt!

I went home and wrote the lines in a week. It was a hard week. I was extremely stressed out. As I was praying to the God Almighty for my stresses in life, somehow these lines came from my mouth.

Those days, I didn't even have a microphone. So I sang it via the telephone and used Audioblog to save it. I sent it to Jo and the rest is History. Jo sang it so well..that I took a day off.!! when he published it.

I didn't know the Raaga at the time. Murali and other friends later commented that it was 'Aabhogi' when Jo sang this song so nicely. I had tears in my eyes when I listened to my first composition.

I've posted my version of the song that I sent to JO !

Jo moulded the song so nicely and now..you know... how it is in BLS-1.

I'll write about 'Unai Parthadhaal' next week.

Have a good weekend everybody.

11 comments:

Murali Venkatraman said...

I think composers and singers should come out with their respective stories here. It will make an interesting reading. Thanks NV for sharing your version with us.

Anonymous said...

Nice to read about the 'origin' of the song, glad you thought of sharing it here.

Dawn said...

I would like to Congratulate the Blogswara group for achieving what they were planning and invisioning for so long!

May this is the beginning for success...!
Best Wishes
Cheers
Dawn

Anand said...

thats a great move NV.. nice to read such things.. creativity comes at the spur of a moment.. and to write about is an interesting feeling.. :)

Ur version is very nice..

d4u said...

"A small bud becoming a flower which is now blooming and spreading fragrance all over"...thats how I would describe the origin of this blog:) Keep it up and do keep sharing the experiences of the origin of the songs...

Anonymous said...

Congrats NV.
Thanks for sharing that.
Looking forward to read more.

Jo said...

That was a nice read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Kaunquest said...

@NV sir, nice to know the story behind the song :)

@Dawn, thank you for your support and encouragement

Mad Max said...

thanks nv ji for sharing your story here...it was fun reading it..

TSJ STUDIO said...

Hello sir just listened to ur song. its very impressive. Superb melody and good orchestration. Romba nalla iruku :)
Praveen

Ram Iyer said...

Sir! simply awesome!

all of them really enjoyed this song when i played it back home!

your version really brings out the mood and the emotion!

you should launch
venkitu:unplugged!